Entrepreneur InterviewsLifetime Advisors for Entrepreneurs, Executives, Founders and Business Owners throughout the U.S.
Podcast: Private Equity Buyers + Interview with Co-Founder & Managing Partner at PROOF, John Backus
Podcast: Post-Retirement Planning + Interview with Retired Partner at Ernst & Young, Jon Shames
Podcast: What You Need to Know About Selling Your Business + Interview with Managing Director of Kipps DeSanto & Co., Kevin DeSanto
Podcast: Executive Compensation Agreements + Interview with Audit Partner at Johnson Lambert, Josh Keene
Podcast: Puerto Rican Tax Incentives + Interview with Managing Director, Spring City Capital, Jerry Huskins
- Interview w/ Deb Wetherby, Wetherby Asset Management, LLC + an Educational Segment on B Corporations
- Interview w/ John Burton, Former CEO + What You Need to Know About Selling Your Business
- Interview with Co-Founder of GenTrust, Eli Cohen + an educational moment on Alternative Investments
- Interview with B. Margolis, CEO of TM Associates with a segment on Low Income Housing Tax Credit
- Major General Arnold Punaro USMC (ret), followed by an educational moment on the 2023 Federal Budget
- Guest Mike Kushin, President/CEO of Blackhorse, followed by Assembling a Team to Sell Your Business
- Interview with Bob Kipps, Managing Director of KippsDeSanto & Co. w/ Educational Moment on R&W Insurance
- Laurie Mensing, #1 Agent/McLean Long & Foster Office with Like-Kind Exchanges Educational Moment
- Interview with special guest John Becker, followed by an educational moment on Board of Advisors
- Interview with S. Tien Wong, CEO of Opus8, Inc.
- Board of Advisors with special guest, Thomas R. Seneca, Managing Partner at TM Wealth Management
- Crowdfunding with special guest, Bobby Castro, Entrepreneur & Co-Founder of BHG Finance
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts (SLAT) with Jeff Conroy, CEO & Co-Founder of Embody, Inc.
- QSBS (Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion) with David Eisner
- Stock Options with Special Guest, Ben Edson, Founder & CEO of VariQ
- Ways & Means Tax Bill with Jennifer L. Wappaus & Kris Wappaus
- FBAR Reporting with Christopher Helmrath, Managing Director & Founder of SC&H Capital
- LLC's with Kai-lee Berke, Co-Founder at Noni Educational Solutions
- Partnerships with Special Guest, Lew Parker, Co-Founder of K2M & Owner of Willowcroft Vineyards
- Sole Proprietorships with Michele Nakazawa
- Phantom Stock Plans with Matt Devost
- 2021 Tax Proposals with Larry Johnson
Learn more about estate planning, business planning and tax planning by perusing our extensive archive of videocasts and podcasts, which come from Wayne Zell’s two radio shows: Blueprint for Wealth®and Power of Attorney Radio.
If you have questions about trusts, business succession, mergers, acquisitions, tax planning and other ways of achieving your goals, you are bound to find something of interest here.
To speak with an attorney at Zell Law, please call us at (571) 410-3500 or contact us by email. With offices in Reston, Virginia, our attorneys advise and represent clients throughout the D.C. metropolitan area and nationwide.
- New Blueprint for Wealth Podcast Interview of Private Access Founders — Please join Wayne M. Zell in his latest podcast interview of Randy Domolky and Scott Schedler, Co-Founders of Private Access Network (PAN), a new accessible early stage investment alternative for accredited investors.
- Should You Use Your IRA to Fund Your Business? — Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discuss in his latest Blueprint for Wealth podcast why using your IRA to start or fund a business is an extremely risky proposition.
- Understanding Indexed Universal Life Insurance— Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discuss how indexed universal life insurance works and whether it is right for you.
- Premium Financing – Pros May Outweigh Cons— Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discuss the pros and cons of using premium financing for life insurance. This technique is particularly useful for high net worth individuals and for businesses and non-profits seeking to retain key employees.
- 162 Bonus Plans Using Life Insurance— Listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discuss in his latest Blueprint for Wealth podcast the benefits of using the popular non-qualified deferred compensation planning technique known as Section 162 Bonus Plans Using Life Insurance.
- Asset Protection Planning – Part 4 – Business entities, trusts and case studies— Please listen to Part 4 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This final segment focuses on business entity planning, trusts and case studies in asset protection.
- Asset Protection Planning – Part 3 – Insurance and Exemptions— Please listen to Part 3 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment emphasizes the importance of insurance in your asset protection planning and what exemptions may be available from the claims of creditors.
- Asset Protection Planning – Part 2 – When is it too late?— Please listen to Part 2 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment focuses on when a transfer by a debtor may be unwound by creditors as a “fraudulent conveyance.”
- Asset Protection Planning – Part 1 – Overview— Please listen to Part 1 of a four-part podcast by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on Protecting Your Assets from Creditors and Predators. This segment provides and overview on who needs asset protection planning and why.
- Favorable D.C. Estate Tax Changes!— Please listen to this podcast outlining the latest favorable D.C. estate tax law changes!
- Controlled Exits Using ESOPs, part 2— Please join Wayne M. Zell, Esq. and Ted Lauer, Sr. V.P. at Access National Bank, for their ESOP presentation, originally presented on April 29, 2014. In this segment, Mr. Lauer discusses the ins and outs of combining traditional leverage with SBA lending to fund small business ESOPs.
- Controlled Exits Using ESOPs— Please join Wayne M. Zell, Esq. and Ted Lauer, of Access National Bank, as they discuss Controlled Exits Using ESOP’s. In part 1 of this two part presentation, Wayne discusses the basics of using leveraged ESOP’s. Part 2 features Ted Lauer, Sr. V.P. at Access National Bank, who discusses the ins and outs of combining traditional leverage with SBA lending to fund small business ESOPs.
- Tax Reform in 2014, part 4 of 4— Please listen to the final part of the four-part presentation on April 22, 2014, on prospects for tax reform in 2014 by Wayne M. Zell, Esq.
- Tax Reform in 2014, part 3 of 4— Please listen to the third part in the four-part presentation on prospects for tax reform in 2014, given by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on April, 22, 2014.
- Tax Reform in 2014, part 2 of 4— Here is the second segment in the four-part presentation by Wayne M. Zell, Esq. on tax reform prospects in 2014.
- Tax Reform in 2014, part 1 of 4— Please listen to Wayne Zell discuss prospects for tax reform in 2014 in this first part of a four part presentation.
- Dr. Richard Orlando Discusses New “Legacy” Book pt. 2 — Please listen to part two of Wayne Zell‘s interview with Dr. Richard Orlando as he discusses his popular new book, “LEGACY: The Hidden Keys to Optimizing Your Family Wealth Decisions” (January 2014, $27.95 hardcover, $9.99 ebook).
- Richard Orlando Discusses Family Wealth Planning pt. 1— Please listen to Wayne Zell interview Dr. Richard Orlando as he discusses family wealth planning and his new book, “LEGACY: The Hidden Keys to Optimizing Your Family Wealth Decisions” (January, 2014, $27.95 hardcover, $9.99 ebook)
- James Gandolfini’s Will Provides Estate Planning Lessons— Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses the last will and testament of the late actor, James Gandolfini, and the estate planning lessons we can learn from the former Sopranos boss.
- Listen to Wayne Zell Discuss Business Transfer Techniques— Wayne Zell discusses business transfer techniques in this podcast originally broadcast on Federal News Radio on November 30th.
- Wayne Zell Discusses Business Succession Planning Steps— In case you missed the live broadcast on 11/23 on Power of Attorney Radio, please listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discuss the main steps in successful business succession planning.
- Wayne Zell Discusses Successful Entrepreneur Traits— In case you missed the live broadcast on 11/16 on Power of Attorney Radio, please listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discuss the key traits of successful entrepreneurs.
- Wayne Zell Discusses Business Tax Planning for 2013— In case you missed the live broadcast, please listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discuss 2013 year-end tax planning for businesses on Power of Attorney Radio. This podcast aired originally on November 9, 2013.
- Wayne Zell Discusses Individual 2013 Year-End Tax Planning
- Wayne Zell Interviews Denis O’Sullivan on Power of Attorney Radio— In case you missed the live interview, please listen to Wayne M. Zell, Esq. interview Denis O’Sullivan of Convergent Wealth Advisors on Power of Attorney Radio. Mr. O’Sullivan discusses how his unique business experience helps him advise entrepreneurs to plan for a successful business exit.
- Wayne Zell Discusses Allocation of Purchase Price— Wayne M. Zell discusses the importance of properly allocating the purchase price in a business acquisition. This podcast originally aired on Power of Attorney Radio on September 28, 2013.
- Wayne Zell Discusses ESOPs — Listen to Wayne M. Zell discuss the ins and outs and pro’s and cons of using Employee Stock Ownership Plans, a/k/a ESOPs.
- Buy-Sell Agreements, Part 2
- Buy-Sell Agreements, Part 1 of 2— Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses the uses and benefits of buy-sell agreements in part 1 of this 2-part podcast.
- Top 10 Estate Planning Myths— Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses the top 10 estate planning myths.
- Long-term Care Insurance Planning— Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses long-term care insurance planning.
- Choosing the Right Entity to Start Your Business— Wayne M. Zell, Esq., discusses the choices in entities to start a business.
- Benefits of Phantom Stock
- Most Common M&A Mistakes— Wayne M. Zell, Esq. discusses the most common merger and acquisition mistakes.
- Listen to Part 2 of Podcast on U.S. v. Windsor— Listen to part 2 of Wayne Zell‘s podcast on the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case of U.S. v. Windsor and its positive impact on same-sex married couples.
- Podcast on U.S. v. Windsor — Listen to Wayne Zell’s podcast of Supreme Court case of U.S. v. Windsor and its positive impact on same-sex couples. Part 1 of 2.
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts— Please listen to Wayne Zell discuss the advantages of qualified personal residence trusts.
- Key Steps to Take When Incorporating Your Business — Key Steps to Take When Incorporating Your Business
Our Podcast Archives
Our team at Zell Law assists clients in Reston and throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, the D.C. metropolitan area, and nationwide. Our attorneys have over 35 years of legal experience, and our founder, Wayne M. Zell, Esq., has served as a certified public accountant (CPA) for more than 40 years. Our firm operates as a one-stop-shop for business leaders, executives, and entrepreneurs throughout the United States. We operate at the intersection of business planning, tax planning, and estate planning and can provide you or your company with comprehensive legal guidance and advice. Meeting your needs is our top priority, and we are committed to adding measurable value to your life or commercial enterprise.
Schedule an initial consultation with our team by contacting us online or calling (571) 410-3500.