Donor Advised FundsLifetime Advisors for Entrepreneurs, Executives, Founders and Business Owners throughout the U.S.
Charitable Giving & Donor Advised Funds
A donor advised fund is a charitable giving vehicle that enables an individual, family or corporation to make an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution of personal assets to a charity and at any time after the contribution to recommend grant distributions to qualified charitable organizations.
Donor advised funds provide many benefits that direct donations to a charity may not provide, including:
- The ability to accept and process appreciated, publicly traded securities on which the donor does not have to pay capital gains tax
- Greater investment options (depending upon the fund to which the donation is made) allowing the contribution to potentially grow before it is scheduled to be distributed to charity
- The ability to donate a single block of securities that can be used to benefit multiple charities
- Creation of a legacy that funds multi-year gifts, rather than providing a one time gift
- Generating a tax deduction when contribution is made, but delaying the grants to charity
- Simplicity, as compared to establishing a private foundation or non-profit organization
Contact Zell Law
To discuss your options for charitable giving, call Zell Law at (571) 410-3500 or complete our online form today. With offices in Reston, Virginia, our attorneys advise and represent clients throughout the D.C. metropolitan area and nationwide.
Businesses Started 500+
M&A Transactions Handled 110+
Clients Served 3,000+
Trusts Created 2,500+