Mergers & Acquisitions: How We Can Help
Drawing from a broad and specialized skill set consisting of tax, securities and corporate law, Zell Law has represented clients in hundreds of merger and acquisition transactions. We advise clients in structuring transactions, negotiating transaction agreements and related documents, and conducting due diligence and corporate clean-up in anticipation of the deal.
Our philosophy is to get the deal done in a manner that benefits the client, with a “win-win” negotiating attitude. For guidance from an experienced business planning attorney, call us in Reston, Virginia, at 571-203-ZELL or contact us by email. We advise and represent clients throughout the D.C. area and nationwide.
Our Record of Success
Zell Law’s representative transactions include:
- Represented government contractor in sale to strategic partner in April 2018.
- Represented government contractor in sale to private equity fund for $29 million in March 2017.
- Represented large, local retail chain in potential sale to private equity investors in 2016.
- Represented water remediation company is sale to private equity fund in July 2016.
- Represented registered investment advisory practice in spin-off from larger firm in November 2015.
- Negotiated and closed multi-million dollar sale of registered investment advisor in July 2015.
- Negotiated and closed sale of landscaping company to foreign investor in April 2015.
- Negotiated and acquired significant minority stake in franchisor in March 2015.
- Closed the multi-million dollar sale of assets of an equipment rental company in January 2015.
- Represented minority investor in acquisition of majority investor in staffing firm in January 2015.
- Negotiated and closed sale of majority owner’s interest to the Company in December 2014.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar sale of taxicab company in July 2014.
- Negotiated and closed sale of network administration company in June 2014.
- Represented majority investor in sale of his interest in government contracting technology firm to minority investor in March 2014.
- Represented founders in acquiring majority stake in government contractor in September 2013.
- Represented technology company in sale of assets to third party in June 2013.
- Represented government contractor in buy-out of minority shareholder in April 2013.
- Represented minority owner in buy-out of interest in public relations firm in September 2012.
- Represented 50% owner in division and liquidation of government contractor in May 2012.
- Represented founders of valuation firm in sale to employees in March 2012.
- Represented registered investment advisory practice in multi-million dollar sale to third party in July 2011.
- Closed the sale of assets of a private insurance agency to a conglomerate in 2011.
- Closed stock sale of multi-million dollar privately-held government contractor in December 2010.
- Closed stock sale of multi-million dollar privately-held contractor in December 2009.
- Represented founding shareholders in complex private equity transactions including sale of portion of business and investment in new business in July 2009.
- Refinanced $8 million of senior debt for local restaurant chain.
- Negotiated and closed five separate redemption transactions for three privately-held companies.
- Structured and closed complex asset purchase of 4 high-end area salons in December 2008.
- Closed multi-million dollar asset sale of privately-held government contractor in July 2008.
- Sold $9+ million technology company to Fortune 500 manufacturer in June 2008.
- Closed $25 million sale of online recruitment and enrollment management solutions company in September 2007.
- Refinanced $5 million of senior debt for on-line flower and gift business in August 2007.
- Closed $10 million private equity transaction for technology firm in December 2006 and January 2007.
- Tax-free merger of privately-held insurance agencies in January 2007.
- Restructured debt and mezzanine financing for $3 million in May 2006.
- Sold in 2006 government contracting client to Fortune 500 company for $9.5 million cash.
- Purchased privately held printing business in 2006.
- Reorganization of accounting and consulting firm in January 2006.
- Sale in December 2005 of information technology government contractor to privately-held company for $17 million cash.
- Senior debt and mezzanine financing transaction with warrants for $8 million involving online flower and gift business.
- Purchase in February 2005 of network administration company by privately-held company for cash and fixed and contingent notes.
- Purchase in January 2005 of assets of online florist by privately-held company for cash.
- Sale in 2004 of software developer to Inc. 1000 company for $3 million plus earn-out.
- Sale in 2003 of government contracting client to Fortune 100 Company for $35 million cash.
- Sale in 2002 of government contracting client to Fortune 100 Company for $52 million cash.
- Merger & Acquisition Mistakes
- Reps and Warranties Insurance
- Personal Goodwill
- Finding a Qualified Buyer for your Business
- Transaction Advisors
- Allocating Purchase Price
Contact Zell Law
Get the legal guidance and representation you need for the sale or purchase of a business. Call Zell Law in Reston at 571-203-ZELL or contact us by email. Our business planning attorneys advise and represent clients throughout Northern Virginia, the D.C. area and nationwide.