Probate Estate AdministrationYour Lifetime Lawyers and Trusted Advisors for Entrepreneurs, Executives, Founders and Business Owners Nationwide
Probate & Estate Administration in Reston, VA
Serving Northern VA, DC, and MD
Probate can be a confusing and complicated process if you are unprepared for what is required. All assets must be fully accounted for, and all debts determined. Furthermore, depending on the debt of the deceased, creditors and credit card companies may try to over-reach what they can legally collect.
We Can Guide You Through Probate and Estate Administration
At Zell Law, our Reston probate and estate administration lawyers assist clients with all aspects of probate and trust administration, including the preparation of all financial and legal documentation. If necessary, we can also contest a will, or defend against any will contests.
Understanding the Probate Process
Probate is the legal process of administering a person's estate after they pass away. It involves validating the deceased person's will, identifying and inventorying their assets, paying off debts and taxes, and distributing the remaining assets to the beneficiaries. The probate process can be complex and time-consuming, but our experienced probate attorneys at Zell Law can guide you through every step.
Here are some key aspects of the probate process:
- Will Validation: Our attorneys will review the deceased person's will to ensure its validity and authenticity. If there is no will, the estate will be distributed according to the state's intestacy laws.
- Asset Inventory: We will work with you to identify and locate all the assets owned by the deceased person, including real estate, bank accounts, investments, and personal belongings.
- Debt and Tax Payments: We will help you determine and pay off any outstanding debts and taxes owed by the estate. This includes notifying creditors and resolving any disputes that may arise.
- Beneficiary Distribution: Once all debts and taxes are settled, we will distribute the remaining assets to the beneficiaries according to the terms of the will or the state's intestacy laws.
At Zell Law, we understand that the probate process can be overwhelming, especially during a difficult time. Our compassionate Reston probate attorneys will provide personalized guidance and support to ensure a smooth and efficient probate administration. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and let us help you navigate the probate process with ease.
Probate Administration in Reston
Our probate attorneys work through local probate courts to secure our clients’ estate planning objectives and preserve estate assets for future generations and charities.
Inheritances can end up in probate court in a variety of ways. The most common is the failure of the deceased to leave a will, or by holding assets in a manner that causes them to pass outside a will. Estates also end up in probate court when a family member challenges the will.
Some common challenges made in probate court include:
- The competency of the deceased when the will was signed
- Improper execution of the will
- Duress or undue influence by another person in executing a will
- Inadequate consideration to a surviving spouse (who may be entitled to a 1/3 or 1/2 share of the estate)
Guidance and Support During the Probate Process
Probate can be a complex and overwhelming process, especially during a time of grief and loss. At Zell Law, our experienced probate attorneys are here to provide you with the guidance and support you need during this difficult time. We understand the intricacies of probate law and will work diligently to ensure that the estate administration process is handled efficiently and effectively.
When you choose Zell Law for your probate needs, you can expect:
- Compassionate and personalized service tailored to your unique situation
- Thorough explanation of the probate process and your rights and responsibilities as an executor or beneficiary
- Assistance with gathering and organizing necessary documents and information
- Expertise in handling complex probate matters, including disputes and contested wills
- Regular communication and updates throughout the probate process
Our probate attorneys are dedicated to providing exceptional service to clients in Reston, VA, as well as throughout Northern VA, DC, and MD. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can assist you with probate administration.
Our firm has served as lifetime advisors for entrepreneurs, executives, founders, and business leaders throughout the United States. Contact us online or call (571) 410-3500 to learn more about our services.
Trusts Created 3,700+
M&A Transactions Handled 160+
Clients Served 7,000+
Businesses Started 850+